Do you find it hard to make smart food choices? If your answer is YES, you are not alone.
Researchers at Cornell University believe that you and I are faced with over 200 choices per day about food. Yikes!
Some choices are made consciously, and others are made on autopilot. I can’t tell you how many times I have inhaled a bag of chips, found myself in the Chick-fil-a drive through, devoured an entire pack of Sweet 16 donuts in response to stress!
One of the skills I had to develop to keep the weight off was the skill of making smart swaps.
Smart swap: a healthier alternative that satisfies your craving without wrecking your goals.
10 Smart Swaps for Healthy Living
Here are some examples of smart swaps that you can make to stay on point this week:
• Spaghetti >> Spaghetti squash
• Chips >> Baked sweet potato chips, beet chips, kale chips
• Fries >> Baked sweet potato fries or baked sliced jicama
• Rice >> Cauliflower rice
• Mashed potatoes >> Mashed rutabaga or cauliflower
• Pizza Crust >> Crust made with cauliflower rice
• White flour >> Almond flour or coconut flour
• Whole milk >> Almond milk or coconut milk
• Sandwich bread >> Lettuce wrap
• Bowl of ice cream >> Small Bowl of frozen cherries or grapes
Which of these will you try? Comment and let us know!
Tamara “Coach Tam” Jackson is a Charlotte-based author, speaker, transformation coach, and 11-year 100 lb. weight loss success story. All too familiar with the emotional and physical challenges associated with adopting and sustaining a healthy lifestyle, Tamara founded 265 Point in 2013 to motivate, educate, and inspire men and women everywhere to reclaim their health and their lives. Coach Tam’s local and virtual coaching programs empower each client to 1) develop a customized mind-body-spirit wellness strategy, 2) replace counterproductive habits with healthy ones, and 3) stay focused in the face of setbacks and distractions. To learn more about Coach Tam and 265 Point’s programs, click here.